I have officially decided that my students are just little bacterias wondering around looking for their next victim. Well, that might be a little harsh. They finally took me down, as you may have guessed. I tried to tough it out today, but, after being told by a 7 year old, "Mrs. Saxe, you sound baaaad, you need to go home", I took her advice and checked out at lunch.
They gave me strep. It made teaching this morning quite interesting. They giggled everytime I tried to raise my voice and I was even told I sounded scary. Point of the story? I thought you might enjoy words of wisdom from the mouth of 7 and 8 year olds of what to do when you are sick. This is what they told me to do right before I left:
1. You need to go home and watch cartoon network.
2. You just need to cough it up and then you'll feel better.
3. Yea! Yea! Cough it up! Cough it up! Like this... (student proceeds to show me... I send him to restroom)
4. You need to go to bed.
5. You need to drink tea.
6. You need to drink green tea, it's the best.
7. You need to go to Starbucks.
I think I will go try the tea and bed...
Oh, poor Ally!! I wish I was there to make you chicken soup.....but there are 2 problems: #1 - I don't know how, and #2 - I've really started liking chicken soup a lot and I might eat it all. But I would try.....I'd definitely try. I hope you feel better and I love you!!!
ReplyDeleteOk - it's time for an update! I wanna know what's going on in my favorite Ally's life!!
ReplyDeleteLove you - Martha