Wednesday, July 09, 2008

In-tu-i-tion (noun): a keen and quick insight.

**WARNING: NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR WEAK IN STOMACH... or those who are eating.***

David will probably not like that I am sharing about our son's poop, but it is a very funny story. Micah is very smart and intuitive, I discovered today. I was on the phone with my mom discussing his constipation (which I do quite often because it worries me all the time... yes it is still a problem). I thought that after he started eating food, the problem would clear itself right up. Well, I was wrong. He is eating an awful lot of prunes, but he is not producing an awful lot of poop. So, I was on the phone with my mom when she suggested I give him a suppository. He has only had 2 others in his lifetime (one in the hospital and one a couple of months ago... he didn't enjoy). I hesitated and then started talking about it. I looked over at him and he had this really funny look on his face as though he knew exactly what a suppository was. It was kind of a scared/shocked look. I decided that since it had been 4 days since his last one and he had been really fussy, refusing to eat, and all around acting like he had a tummy ache and needing to go but just wouldn't, it was time for the dreaded suppository. So, I went and got it out of the cabinet and went to pick him up and what do you know? The biggest poop I have ever seen/smelled is sitting in his diaper. He also had this adorable mischievous grin on his face. Pretty smart kid, huh? He knew what was coming and knew exactly what to do to stop it!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:46 PM

    How smart he is. He seems like he is doing so well. You are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete