Micah and I just returned from Micah's 2nd big trip (including a ride on an airplane). Whew! Traveling with a baby is exhausting! Micah did wonderful, of course. He really is such an amazing baby. He traveled even better this time than he did when we went to Steamboat. I think having an extra set of hands on the plane helped. This time, we were traveling with Suzu. Natalie and Danny came a day after we did and were on the same flight back so that was quite a few extra hands (aka that flight was a breeze playing pass the baby). We went to Portland for my cousin, Laura Jean's wedding. We had such a great time getting to see and spend time with family. Micah enjoyed getting to meet cousins and all sorts of relatives. He was such a trooper. The weather was beautiful, the company was super fun, and we even had time to fit in a little wine tasting outside the city. What more could you ask for in a mini-vacation?
The beautiful bride with her mama and her sister, the flower girl


By the end of the reception, Micah was ready for bed!
Teething news: on the plane ride home yesterday, Micah's gums started bleeding in one little spot that has been a little swollen. This little spot was a little spot that I was guessing would be the little site of tooth #1. So, since I spotted blood (hard to miss) I guess we can now say he is "cutting teeth". Still no sign of a tooth, though! At least I now know that all of the drool was actually a sign of teething.

On the airplane
so good to see you and meet Micah!
ReplyDeleteHappy LATE LATE LATE Birthday, Ally! Do I win the prize for being the latest happy birthday wisher?? You look awesome! Kisses to Micah and love you!!
ReplyDeleteAlmost forgot....I wanted to tell you awesome job on your trips with Micah. I remember that after that first plane trip I felt like I could do ANYTHING!
ReplyDeleteSo how was the weather in Portland? Quite a bit jelous you beat me to the Northwest. Could be a future destination, though Im settling for San Fran in September.
ReplyDeleteI'd just like to clarify that Micah's first tooth will not be Tooth #1. That would be his upper right wisdom tooth which shouldn't be making an appearance until 18 or so. His first tooth should be either #O or #P. So, first tooth it is but #1 it is not. ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt was wonderful seeing you and meeting Micah! He is so well behaved and you are hardcore for sticking to your training. ;)
ReplyDeleteSee you at Nat's wedding?
Much love,
Laura Jean