Thursday, August 21, 2008

6 Month Stats

Micah had his 6 month Dr. appointment yesterday and it went great! He gets to start eating more food now, which I am sure he is very excited about. He had to get to shots and he handled them like a champ! He didn't even cry after the first shot and let out one scream after the other. He is one tough kid. Here are his stats:

Weight: 20 lbs 11 oz (95%)
Height: 27 1/4 in (75%)

The Dr. had to keep reassuring me that he is completely healthy and not too big at all. She even told me that I am not feeding him enough solids for his age and weight. What?!? She said I need to be feeding him until he isn't hungry anymore. He also gets to start eating lunch and meat (He has just been eating breakfast and dinner... and his usual bottles). Those baby food meats smell so gross!!! We're going to take our time, though. He is going to work his way up. Right now, he is just eating the simple fruits and veggies. We'll start with the combos and then go up to the meats. I'm probably going to cheat and give him the meat mixed with other stuff because the just plain meat seems a bit gross. Last night, I fed him dinner until he didn't want anymore and after 2 jars (the little jars) I went ahead and cut him off. I think he has linebacker written all over him. Just more of him to love and cuddle!

2 comments:

  1. The great thing about babies and toddlers, they are self-regulating. They know when they are not hungry anymore. If you feed him til he's finished you'll know. He will absolutely refuse anything more. Baby chunks are the best. I prayed for my kids to have them. Stop obsessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see everyone's doing well...It's amazing how they grow, I know. The thing I learned the most between where Micah is and Maegan right now is how much babies will do on their own....yeah, you have to do a lot for them, but I stressed myself out thinking I had to get her to do everything...like eat. But they will eat, sleep, poop when they need to. And that takes a lot of pressure off you. You're doin good, mama!!!

    ReplyDelete