Wednesday, January 21, 2009

11 Months

IMG_0427
I really can't believe that we are already in countdown mode to Micah's first birthday. He is growing up so fast! I wish I could just freeze time and keep him in this sweet, cuddly, and lovable phase but I know he has to grow up. In the last month, we have celebrated Micah's first Christmas, taken a trip with David's family to Steamboat, and gone to San Francisco for his Aunt Nat's wedding. Whew! It has been a busy month. Micah has become quite the pro at air travel having now flown 10 times.
This month, he has grown up a lot! I really feel like he is a toddler now. No, he isn't walking, but he is getting close! He is a super speedy crawler and he loves to pull up on everything in sight and cruise around. He climbs in everything, including me. He'll finger walk occasionally and every now and then I'll catch him standing up on his own.
Micah is still a happy growing boy. He is super friendly and has been accused of being quite the flirt. His blue eyes get compliments everywhere we go. He has finally slowed down on the weight gain but he is still growing like a weed!
He continues to crack us up daily with his silly personality. He is always making funny faces and giggling. He is becoming more and more aware of people he does and does not know. He loves to crawl up to people (he knows) and reach up to be picked up. It is so sweet! He still isn't talking, but he is babbling more and more every day. I just wish I knew what he was saying. He has started waving hello and goodbye, giving high fives, and pointing. He even signs "more" and "all done" (when he wants to). His cutest new trick, though, is telling us no. He discovered one day that shaking his head meant no. Now, he does it all the time. He definitely understands what he is saying, too. He'll do it at the most random times, for example: "Ok, Micah, let's go change that diaper" and he'll shake his head... "Do you like the longhorns?" and he definitely shakes his head! Ok fine, we prompt him on that one. He also tells us no sometimes when we're telling him no. It is so hard to keep a straight face when he is laughing and shaking his head.
He is eating more and more table food but he still loves the baby food. I think he prefers it because it gets in his tummy a lot quicker than when he is feeding himself table food. He also got his two front teeth recently so that helps with chewing.
Here are some pics of our 11 month old:
IMG_0437 IMG_0443
big smiles! making his escape
IMG_0447 IMG_0445
waving alright, enough of this
Favorites: BLANKIE (oh my, we can't do much of anything without this... I will be taking it to a seamstress soon to have her cut it into smaller pieces because it is way to big to take everywhere), remotes, anything that lights up, instruments... especially the piano, reading books, bath time, and cuddling at the end of the day.
IMG_0430
Dislikes: diaper changes, getting dressed, and the word "NO".
Happy 11 months, Micah! I can't believe that his next month update he will be 1!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it has been 11 months! He has the best smile!

    ReplyDelete