Monday, February 09, 2009

Digital Scrapbooking, cont.

So I am 24 years old and I am totally incapacitated on the couch. My back went out yesterday. Yes, I am 24 years old and my back went out. I feel old. Anyways, my choices are to read, watch tv, or type on the computer. According to David, now we know that I am truly not a reader. I am bored with tv so I'll type until I need to lay flat again. Enough of me sound pathetic...

I saw all the comments on my last post so I thought I'd share some info. I am by no means the digi-scrapbooking guru, that would be my friend Shauna. She helped me get started by giving me a list of websites and introducing me to the world of online tutorials. I had no idea those even existed. I am learning as I go. To answer your questions, I used Photoshop CS3 to create my layouts. I love Photoshop. You can edit your pictures and then just add them straight to the page. I have taught myself almost everything I know in Photoshop through online tutorials. I am currently using as many "freebies" that I can from other digi-scrapping websites and blogs. I go to this website every day because she posts freebies. Then I download the ones I like. I really love templates, because then you just drag and drop your pictures. It seems hard and confusing but it really isn't. You just have to dive in! One of my favorite websites is Shabby Princess, they have great tutorials to help you get started as well as a ton of free kits.

BUT, if you don't have Photoshop and don't want to get it. This website is one that a few of my friends use. You don't have to have any software, you just pick your pages and then drag and drop. You don't have to be created or "techie" whatsoever to use it. Everything is saved to the website and then you order your scrapbook once you are finished. I think that Shutterfly also has photobooks that you just add your photos too also.

Feel free to email me if you have any other questions, I'll answer as best I can! ally.saxe@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just bought myself a beautiful new DSLR camera (the Nikon D40- I couldn't be too extravagant) for my birthday (not that I've had time yet to even open the box, it's painful to see just sitting over there on our counter unloved) and have decided to allow myself to buy photoshop as well. Which version did you get? I'm leaning towards Elements because it's so much cheaper and is probably all I need, but James can get a student discount at UT for the full version and I'm wondering if I should go for it.

    Hope your back is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete