One year ago...
... I guess it's safe to say A LOT changes in 1 year!
Micah is having a ONEderful birthday! I still can't believe how fast the past year flew by. He is growing and changing every day. The big day started with me and David going into his room and singing "happy birthday" to him once we heard that he was awake. He seemed very confused and didn't quite know what was going on. He then had a yummy birthday breakfast of banana pancakes. {side note: every year on me and my sister's birthday, my mom would make us pancakes, she would use food coloring to make them our favorite color and make the pancakes in the shape of our name... so Micah had green "M" pancakes} He loved his pancakes, he ate all of them! We are working on switching him to the sippy cup instead of the bottle and this morning, he did great! We then headed off to see Dr. S for his 1 year check up. When I make the appointment, I didn't think about the fact that I was making him get shots on his birthday, but oh well.
Here are his 1 year stats:
Weight: 26 lbs, 8 oz. (90%)
Height: 31 inches (90%)
Head Circ: 19 1/4
What a big boy! This time, he gave Dr. S a difficult time. He kept pushing her hands away and turning his head when she was trying to look in his mouth and ears. Then, he just clung to me and didn't want her touching him at all. I think he is heading into a separation and stranger anxiety phase. He passed his exam with flying colors. Then, he had to get 2 shots. He wasn't very excited about that but as usual he only cried for a few seconds. I just hate how red his face gets when he gets so upset!
Micah has changed a lot in the last month. He is much more mobile, but he still isn't walking. He pushes around his truck all the time, will stand on his own for a few seconds, and he cruises all of the furniture and the walls in our house. His speed of crawling has gotten much quicker, too so sometimes I can't catch him before he gets into something. For example, I definitely caught him with a mouth full of dog food yesterday. YUCK! He was very mad at me when I fished it out of his mouth. Apparently, he likes it. Speaking of food, we are still working on table food. He still prefers the baby food but he'll eat some table food.
He is still a happy boy! He is such a flirt when we are out in public. He has, though, gotten a little more aware of who he knows and who is a stranger. I still think it is super cute when he clings to me but I'm sure after a few months of that, I'll be ready for it to stop.
Micah is also starting to communicate a lot more. He tries to repeat what we are saying but hasn't come out with any words yet. He has the "mama" and "dada" down but everything else is just "duh" (duck) or "ri" for Riley. He loves to repeat sounds that we make, too. He likes to wave hi and goodbye and he loves to clap after he has done anything or anytime we say "yay!"
Our 1 year old's FAVORITES: BLANKIE!!! all of the same ones from last month (remotes, anything that lights up, instruments, reading books, bath time), swinging in the back yard, clapping, and chasing Riley around.
Dislikes: broccoli, getting licked in the face (by Riley), diaper changes, getting dressed, hearing the word "no" (even if we are talking to Riley)
Later on today we are having lunch with Suzu and then a birthday dinner with Daddy, Mimi, Bubba, & Uncle Kev. What a lucky boy!
Pictures and more birthday updates to come!
Happy Birthday Micah! It just gets better :)
ReplyDeletehappy birthday micah! hope its a fun day!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Micah Man!! You are the cutest little one year old I know.
ReplyDeleteAnd Riley is precious! I love the name!!
Happy Birthday, Micah!
ReplyDeleteOh lil Micah, can't believe you are one! You are such a big man :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday and can't wait to see all the amazing things that will happen to you this year!
Love you Ally, seriously can't believe your child is one! Enjoy it!
Happy Birthday, Mr. Micah!! What a big day for all......you did it Mama!
ReplyDeleteWhen he stayed with me...he loved broccoli...must have been the alfredo sauce.
ReplyDelete