... this won't come as a surprise to you. Well, even if you don't know me. Anyway, I don't really like messes. Surprised? I think that God may have given me a boy so I would learn to get over everything being nice and neat all the time because boys are not nice and neat. I have been dreading letting Micah feed himself with utensils because I know what a huge mess it is. I just haven't really done it yet but know that I better start soon because I'm sure at his 18 month check up, Dr. S is going to wonder why he doesn't feed himself. With that said...
He had a blast and it was really cute so I am going to get over the fact that it was a huge mess. You'd be surprised how much yogurt could get stuck in the rolls of his neck.
Boys like to carve, as in their names. Boys like mud. They like to roll in things. They like to sling things. Boys like to punch holes in drywall. Boys with large feet track in black, greasy footprints.
ReplyDeleteBut boys hardly ever get mad at their mamas.
Love those curls.
Just a little tidbit- you can poke a hole in the top of a regular yogurt and insert a bendy straw. While not completely neat, it has saved me a lot of frustration with the mess of yogurt. Oatmeal is also a good starter for self feeding, because it stays on the spoon pretty well. Hang in there, in the not so distant future, you can insist, "You make the mess, you clean it up!"
ReplyDeleterylie eats that same yogurt & it's so runny & messy i hate it! it's the last thing i'm allowing her to feed herself. i've started putting it in a shallow dish now though so it's easier for her to get on the spoon. has helped a lil!
ReplyDelete