Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Mother's Day (a little late)

We spent the past weekend in College Station to celebrate Mother's Day. It was a great weekend of relaxing, of course eating, and SLEEPING! Laurel went 9 hours on Saturday night which was amazing. It was so nice to be with family and celebrate such a special holiday. I couldn't have asked for a better mom growing up and still now. I think if I had to pick my favorite quality about my mom I'd say her selflessness. She is always putting everyone else above herself and prioritizes taking care of everyone around her. She loves nothing more than to have a house full of family to serve. She cooks, cleans, and runs around 10x faster than the average person and loves it. Thinking about how much she does wears me out! I hope than someday I can be the mom to my family that she has been to ours.

I can't believe that this is the 3rd year that I get to celebrate Mother's Day as a mom. I am so blessed to have 2 beautiful children and an amazing supportive husband. I love being a mom and love that it is my full-time job. It's hard work most days but well worth it.

My grandparents came over from Austin on Saturday with my aunt so they could meet Miss Laurel. They love being great-grandparents so they were super excited to meet her. Micah and Laurel are their only great-grandkids.

Connor came to visit, too. He insisted on waking Micah up from his nap. This is what Micah looks like when you wake him up.

Notice the aggie shirt and shorts? I had him dressed in a cute little outfit and about 30 minutes later, he walked downstairs with those in his hands (dirty from the day before) and said "wear it, aggie shirt, aggie shorts". He wouldn't back down, either. While in Aggieland, Suzu got him more Aggie gear so that he doesn't have to wear the same shirt everyday.

On Sunday, we headed over to David's parents house to celebrate with his family. I think that Micah's favorite part of the day was getting to splash in the pool.

I can't believe that I didn't get a single picture with my 2 munchkins on Mother's day! Oh well. Maybe next year. Here is a pic of each of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment