Sometimes I think to myself, I am 25 years old and I have 2 kids. Seriously? How is it possible to have kids when I am still referred to as a kid myself?
Sometimes Micah behaves in public in ways that I swore my children would never behave (such as taking his shirt off at a nice restaurant for lunch yesterday and utterly refusing to put it back on).
Sometimes Laurel screams so much in one day that I fear it has scarred her for life.
Sometimes I call the pediatrician multiple times in one day.
Sometimes, when I am at the end of my rope, I give Micah jelly beans just to get him to do what I want him to do.
Sometimes I lay in bed and count the servings of fruit/veggies Micah had that day to find that he really only ate a lot of strawberries and chicken nuggets when I swore my children would never eat fast food (OCD, I know)
Sometimes I give in when I shouldn't.
Sometimes I make empty threats.
Sometimes I google. I google random things like "how much should my baby sleep" only to find that if she isn't sleeping she might have a life threatening illness. Thanks google.
Sometimes I get really really overwhelmed.
Sometimes I feel like I don't know what I'm doing...
... and I am totally ok with that.
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
I'm right there with you!
ReplyDeleteLoved this, Ally.
ReplyDeleteAlly, Thank you for this post. Thank you thank you thank you. It was comforting and I think you are a great mom!
ReplyDeleteLoved the honesty!
ReplyDeleteAmen!!
ReplyDeletei feel this way and i'm not even a mom yet. :)
ReplyDeleteamen and amen again.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I was there and your mother took off his shirt.
ReplyDeleteSecond, Micah is two! You know, two?
And finally, every mother, everywhere, does things that she never thought she would do. If she says she doesn't, she is lying.
xoxoxoxoxooxo
How beautiful is your honesty! Thank you Ally, You're an amazing Mom that I look up to (don't let that scare you but let it - give you confidence)
ReplyDeletelove ya
it is the HARDEST job you will ever do
ReplyDeleteit will demand every ounce of creativity ever given to you
it will try you
it will exhaust you--physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually
it will consume you
and then one day, you will look back and realize that there is nothing in this world that could possibly have been more rewarding
hang in there