Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fighin' Texas Aggie Football 2010









Laurel loving on her Suzu and Teddy

It's no secret that we are big time Aggie sports fans around here. Since my parents moved to College Station, it is so easy to go to games so we attended our first game this weekend and aside from being H-O-T, it was super fun! Micah's obsession with the Aggies is getting bigger and bigger by the day. He can sing the whole fight song (with help) and we practically had to fight him to get him to leave his Aggie helmet in the car. He was so worried that we were running late, too and kept saying "Go see number 1, go see Jarrod". I blame David for the brainwashing.






Once we got into the stadium, I think he was a little overwhelmed and really hot so we were a little disappointed with his reaction. He still had a blast, though. I think the highlight of the day for him was when Uncle Connor came and found us.




The highlight for me and David, though, was when Reveille came to see us! As we were leaving the stadium (about 5 minutes after kick-off, no lie and by we I mean me and Micah, David doesn't leave early), we stopped down below where the band entrance is (if you are familiar with Kyle Field-- if not, if you were to walk through the gate and through the tunnel, you'd be on the field but you can't walk through the gate so standing at a distance you can kind of see the game going on). Anyway, Micah could see more there than anywhere else so we stopped and he watched the game for a few minutes from that spot. All of a sudden we see a core guy walking towards us with none other than Reveille! Ok if you are not an Aggie, you can stop reading or you might feel the need to make fun of me. Reveille is our mascot and growing up, I spent the entire game with my sister looking for Reveille through my dad's binoculars. So yea she is pretty much a celebrity dog to me. Micah was super excited to meet her and even gave her a hug! Then Reveille's handler (or whatever you'd call him) told us that he saw us outside the gate so he thought they'd come say hi! So they walked all the way out just to see us! Wasn't that sweet? I just can't wait until Micah realizes who Reveille is and how cool it is that he has a picture with her.

It sure is nice to have a huggable and cuddly mascot instead of one with horns that could hurt our children but that is neither here nor there.

Looking forward to the rest of Aggie football season!

3 comments:

  1. When I was a kid and wanted to go to A&M, we had a collie. Although Sheila was a tri-color, I always thought it made me a bigger fan because I had a a dog like Reveille. Ah to be young....

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the record, elizabeth has a very huggable, cuddly Bevo that she insists on sleeping with during naps and at night. but that's neither here nor there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:01 AM

    But, of course, Sarah, that is not the REAL Bevo. You could never cuddle or hug the REAL Bevo. Nor would you want to. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete