Monday, October 04, 2010

6 Months!

Happy 1/2 birthday Laurel! I can't believe that she is already 6 months old!

Laurel has changed quite a bit since 5 months. She is happier and happier every day which is so much fun! She is really developing her personality and from what I can tell, she is very laid back and cheerful. She loves to smile and giggle, especially at her big brother. She is "talking" more and more every day and discovering how to make different sounds.


She is much more active and way too close to being mobile. She has already been getting places by rolling but now she gets up on all fours and scoots... it is really really close to a crawl. I thought for sure I had at least a couple more months before she would be full blown mobile but I am thinking it is going to be a lot sooner than that!

There are no signs of teeth but she seems to me to be teething. She drools a lot and wants to chew on everything. If I don't give her something to chew on, she just chews on her feet.


She is sitting up if she is supported by something and can even get from her crawling position to a tripod sitting position. This makes playtime a lot more fun for her because she can sit surrounded by toys and be entertained for a while. She is reaching out and grabbing everything in reach which is usually toys, sometimes Micah's toys (which makes him very mad) and sometimes poor Riley.


She is not quite as chunky as her big brother but she's definitely a rolly-poly. We have started feeding her solids again and she is very picky. Half the time I can't get her to eat anything. She is also very easily distracted when eating her bottle. This is so odd to me because Micah was such a focused eater-- nothing could get in the way between him and food. It continues to crack me up how different she and Micah are. I thought that I would know exactly what I was doing this time around but she is such a different kid she always keeps me on my toes.


Laurel is still such a great sleeper too. She sleeps from around 8 at night to 8 (sometimes 8:30) in the morning. Now that she has figured out how to put the paci back in her mouth by herself, I think she'd sleep until 10 if I let her. If we are home, she'll take 2- 2 or 2 1/2 hour naps a day. But since we are on the go most of the time in the morning, she ends up taking a little nap in the mornings and a marathon nap in the afternoon (sometimes as long as 3 1/2 hours). This works out very nicely for me because she ends up napping exactly when Micah naps so I usually have at least 2 hours of peace and quiet in the afternoon.

She went in for her 6 month check up yesterday and Dr. T said she passed with flying colors! She was shocked at how close she is to crawling! Poor thing had to get 4 shots which was terrible. She handled them pretty well but she obviously didn't feel well for the rest of the day and then she has been running a low fever ever since. I just hate shots.

Here are her stats:
Weight: 18 lbs (80%)
Height: 27 1/4 inches (90%)

No comments:

Post a Comment