Laurel was 7 months old on Sunday but with a full weekend I am just now getting to taking some chair pics and writing about it. I love looking back at the month posts that I did for Micah and comparing the two. It is always interesting to me to see how different they are! Micah at 7 months is so different from Laurel at 7 months!
Laurel is changing more and more every day. Literally-- every day. I sat down and started this post on Monday and wrote about how she wasn't crawling yet and then she decided to start crawling on Monday night! She is in such a fun stage and it gets better and better every day. She is sitting up very well and loves to just sit and grab all the toys around her. She is already such a fast crawler and is into everything. If I put her down on one side of the room, within minutes she is on the other side. She'll sit and then crawl around and then stop and sit and then pretend like she is going to pull up (which totally freaks me out) but she hasn't actually done it yet.
She is still master drooler but has not yet sprouted any teeth. This is shocking to me because of the buckets of drool she produces every day. Every day I expect to see something but not yet!
Laurel also LOVES her big brother. Anytime he comes anywhere near her, she is smiling and giggling. She loves to mimic him and sounds that he makes. If he screams, she'll scream. This is funny until she starts crying just because he is crying. She is babbling more and more every day and says lots of "dadadada" but no mama yet.
The biggest news of this month is that as of a couple of days ago, Laurel is finally medicine FREE!!! YAY!!! At one point, she was on 3 different medications to treat her reflux and over the last few months we have slowly weaned her off of all except Prevacid. She has been so happy for the last month and has shown no signs of the reflux (hardly even spitting up anymore) so I thought we'd try a day with no Prevacid. She acted the exact same as she had the day before with it. Needless to say, we are so excited that she is medicine free and SUCH a happy baby! We are so so glad to be done with reflux!
I realized the other day when I said "when Laurel was a baby" that she is acting less and less like a baby every day. She is growing up so fast! I have finally hit the point where have 2 kids is our new normal and I am loving it. Though we have our challenges, I can't imagine our life any other way and I even have a hard time remembering what life was like before Laurel. We are so glad she is a part of our little family!
Our little crawler:
Gotta love the end of the video... Micah is learning how to share with his sister and i think it is safe to say he needs more practice.
What a cutie! Happy 7 month sweet girl!
ReplyDelete