Sunday, May 15, 2011

There's just something about mom

There is just something about moms. Something special, obviously. I used to roll my eyes when people said this, but, you really can't ever fully understand what being a mom is like until you are a mom. Moms get the best AND the worst of their kids. Moms love unconditionally, no matter what, all the time. Moms worry, no matter what, all the time (or maybe that's just me). And most importantly, moms are on duty, no matter what, all the time. Even if you aren't with your kids, you are thinking about them.

About a month ago, I asked my mom "ok when does this whole mom thing get easier?". My issue of the day was that Laurel was refusing to drink out of a cup. My mom's response? "Well, since I am sitting here trying to figure out a way for you to get Laurel how to drink out of a cup, I guess, never." While intimidating and challenging, I love that I am a mom, and that I will always be a mom. I feel so blessed that I get to be mom to these precious little ones and that I get to spend every day at home with them.


Happy Mother's Day (a little late) to all of the amazing moms out there and especially to all of the amazing moms in our family!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment