It took me long enough to finally take pictures of our new lawn! I am working on tracking down some before pictures of the front yard so you can see how awful it was but this is a picture of the back yard when we first bought the house:
It has not looked this bad for the past 2 years but it has definitely needed some work! A good friend of ours, Tommy, was so sweet to help David completely re-do our yard. He had all of the contacts and the vision and we were so excited when he ran with it. We could not be happier with how much better our yard looks! We actually have grass for once, we have a sprinkler system now and we have changed the fencing along our driveway. It used to be iron along the driveway/busy side street and wood between our backyard and driveway and we flipped so now it feels much more private with the taller wood fence separating our driveway and street and a shorter iron fence separating our driveway and backyard. Did that make any sense? I love it because the kids can play in the backyard and driveway and now I can see them no matter where I am. See pics below:
My favorite thing about our backyard is my new garden! I have lots of herbs, tomatoes, squash, bell peppers and okra. It might quickly turn into just an herb and tomato garden though because Riley keeps eating everything else. The pics below of the front are not that great because the grass needs to be cut but you get the idea:
Our front yard used to have a little brick wall that took up a lot of room and was very ugly so we knocked that down, added some pretty flower beds, added GRASS and a walkway. I love love the way it turned out!
Yay for a new yard and for our house finally having a little bit of curb appeal!


it looks so good! so funny i want to add a side walkway out of stone too. we have a detached garage that i hate and just a front side walk and we've worn out some grass where we always walk off the side of the sidewalk to the driveway. and i'd love to add a gate to the front of our driveway! maybe i'd like a detached garage more. no....no i think i'll still not like ours lol but did yall put yalls gate in or did it come with it? if yall put it in can i get the company name yall used or do yall know who did it?
ReplyDeleteThanks Ashlee! The driveway gate was here when we bought the house but my sister just had one put in so I will get the name of the person she used and send it to you!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous. And Lush. And tidy. Consider rolling the grill over and stationing it on that black rock where you filled in the flowerbed. I don't know if it would stick out like a sore thumb at the widest end (near the gutter)or not. And maybe, at some point, build a narrow prep table along the same space out of cull lumber from Home Depot (left over cuts at the back of the store where the saw is for 50 cents a piece). My ideas are unsolicited. But it is what I do. Of course, if you never do another thing, it is already wonderful. Awesome. Great job!
ReplyDelete