Another school year has come and gone. I really don't know where the time goes. I feel like it was yesterday that I was forcing Micah into his plaid shorts, polo shirt and belt to head off to Pre-K for the first time. I remember thinking "he is so big" and now looking back at that picture, he looks so little. We have LOVED Micah's time at Yellow School for the past 2 years and Laurel will be there for the next 2 years. The teachers/staff are great, it is small and they really value learning through play which I love. He went 5 days a week this year (just in the morning except for Thursdays when he stayed all day). He was sad that Friday was his last day there but he is very excited about starting Kinderarten in the fall and doesn't miss an opportunity to let me know that he is a Kindergartner now.
A side-by-side comparison from the first day of school. I can't believe how much he's grown up and what a big boy he has turned into.
His school always does an end of year picnic. Last year it was raining so it was inside but this year, we got to have a picnic and enjoy their new playground! Laurel and I picked up Chick-Fil-A on the way (Micah's pick) and David was able to come from work. We are so blessed that he is able to come to so much stuff like this-- the kids loved having him there!

Micah loves his teachers!

After eating, the kids did a mini-performance where they sang some of their favorite songs from the year. It was precious. Micah loves to sing so it was really cute to see him singing and doing all of the motions!

(bottom left) Micah with his Pre-K buddies Jack and Liam.
Kindergarten here we come!



No comments:
Post a Comment