Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Staying Home

Many people have asked me in the last few months how it is going as a stay-at-home-mom. So, I thought that I would dedicate a little time during Micah's nap to talking about it. First of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE staying home with Micah. There is no job in the world I would rather have. David makes my dreams come true each and every day by going to work and letting me stay home. My whole life, all I wanted to do was be a mom. I feel so blessed that I am only 23 and I am already getting to live my dream! I used to make fun of my mom (she was a stay-at-home-mom) and say "what do you do all day?". Well, I am so eating those words. It is amazing how the days fill up with taking care of a house and a child! Though there are so many things I love about being home, here is my top 10:

I love being home because...

10) I get to blog (and blog stalk)

9) I can spend all day cleaning in my PJ's if I want to (and many Mondays I do---> that is cleaning day)... and to go along with that, my house is CLEAN finally!

8) I have the time to clip coupons, budget, and find the best deals before going grocery shopping

7) I get to plan meals and try out new recipes

6) I can go on walks and talk to Micah about all of the things that we see outside

5) I get to spend time with other moms and their kids

4) I can establish a routine for Micah (and myself) and stick to it

3) I can get all of the household stuff and dinner done before David gets home so that when he walks in the door, it is family time (when both of us were working... the only time to get stuff done was evenings and weekends)!

2) I get to be there with a smile on my face when David walks in the door from a long day at work... it is so much easier when I haven't had a long day teaching (I know I know... a long day with a toddler is soon to come)

1) I get to look at this precious face all day long and cuddle, kiss, play with and take care of the cutest and sweetest baby in the world! I get to be there for every little smile, coo, giggle, and milestone!
So, I guess the biggest benefit to staying home is having the time to do the things I have always wanted to do. I am also a very scheduled person so I like having a routine/schedule for every day. God has blessed us beyond measure!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are enjoying your mommy-hood...these are amazing times, and I am proud to share in them! Love you all!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:25 PM

    This makes me want to have babies and stay home too! :) Soon enough...I'm so glad you're enjoying that precious baby. Love you!

    ReplyDelete