Friday, June 06, 2008

Summer is here!

Today, Micah and I packed up and headed to College Station to spend some time with Teddy and Suzu and our friend Laura and her boys Ethan and Graham so David could have some man time and "jam" (play music) with his friend Danny. Micah got all ready to go in his swimsuit and hat before getting strapped into his car seat and hitting the road.

We arrived in College Station mid-morning, slathered Micah in sunscreen, and headed off to the pool. I wasn't quite sure how he would handle his first experience with water (other than his bath). He didn't seem to mind it, but didn't really seem to enjoy it. There wasn't any splashing or smiling or giggling. I think the water was a little bit colder than he would have preferred. His bath water is always so nice and warm and he likes to kick and splash around in that.

We played for a little while in the water with our friends, Laura and her boys and then Micah let me know that was enough. I'm sure he'll enjoy the water a little more once his neck control is stronger and he can hold his head up for longer periods of time.

It was such a fun summer day and in the end, Micah was very worn out!

2 comments:

  1. he's too cute in his swimming gear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, Micah - you are one hot surfer dude!! Ally, you look great! Love you all!!
    Martha (MaeMae says HI!!!)

    ReplyDelete