Wednesday, June 18, 2008

4 Months

Happy 4 months Micah! I feel like he was 3 months old and then I blinked and now he is 4 months old! The weeks have really been flying by, he is growing up so fast I can hardly stand it. My little newborn is long gone! Micah is really starting to develop a personality. He giggles and goos all the time now and smiles at almost everything. We are realizing how truly blessed we are to have such an easy baby. He sleeps like a champ, taking 2- 2-3 hour naps during the day and a little nap in the evening and then he goes to sleep around 7:30 at night and wakes up 6-6:30 in the morning. He was waking up around 7 or 7:30 but we think the earlier waking up might be attributed to being ready for food or early signs of teething. I definitely have to change his clothes at least 3 times a day right now due to the excessive amounts of drool he is producing and he is chewing on everything he can get into his mouth, usually his fist. Who knows, I know some kids "teeth" for months before they sprout any teeth so we'll see!


We had his 4 month check up today and here are his stats.


Weight: 17 lbs 3 oz (95%)

Height: 25 1/4 in (50%)

Head Circ: 17 (75%--- has to fit that big brain of his)


He is such a big boy!

Since I am such a paranoid new mom and such a perfectionist, I have come to love going to his check-ups (aside from him getting shots, which I HATE). I go in with my list of questions, which I start a week before we go. I get so excited to have our awesome pediatrician answer all of my questions all at once. I guess that is the detail oriented, perfectionist side of me. I learned today that I can start running with him in the jogging stroller (no more excuses to only walk), it is ok to paint the kitchen (again, no more excuses, the fumes won't bother him), it is time to stop swaddling (no matter how much he likes it), he is not developing a flat head, he will not be constipated forever, he is showing many signs that he is ready for food, it is ok that he isn't rolling over, and many more things I won't bore you with. Yes, these are the kinds of questions I ask.

He did have to get 3 shots today, and we will go back at 5 months to get the other 2. I just can't stand him getting 5 at one time. We are going to continue to space them out. He didn't do quite as well this time as he did last time. He turned bright red all over and let out some big screams for a few minutes, then he was back to sucking on the paci.

The big excitement: he gets to start food now! I keep telling David this is such a milestone, because from now on for the rest of his life he will eat food everyday, not just milk. He thinks I am a little crazy getting emotional about every little milestone. Starting tomorrow, he will eat oatmeal at breakfast. We'll see how he likes it and go from there. The first thing our Dr. wants him to eat after oatmeal is prunes. Then he gets to try other fruits and veggies. Most babies start with rice cereal but since he is such a good eater and rice cereal tends to be constipating (and we have had our fair share of problems with that), we get to go straight to oatmeal! After our appointment, we headed to Babies R Us and Target where I went a little crazy buying every feeding "necessity"... bowls, spoons, more bowls, travel bowls, and even sippy cups for when he is a little older. Of course I bought some oatmeal, too.

We are so blessed to have such an amazingly sweet and laid back baby. I can't believe how fast the past 4 months have flown by! I hope that the next 4 slow down a little bit.

4 month pictures soon to come!

1 comment: