Friday, November 21, 2008

9 Months

Happy 9 months Micah! I will spare you all the "wow, where has the time gone..." and on and on but it is definitely how I feel.

Micah has definitely changed A LOT since his 8 month post. The biggest change is that he is crawling, everywhere! He decides where he wants to go and gets there. If I leave the room for a minute, quite a few times when I return, he is no where to be found. He has found his way back to his room or somewhere else in the house. In the last few days, he has conquered his fear of the wood and tile floors so now he actually leaves carpet so he really does go everywhere. It was kind of nice before when he would get to the wood and stop but not anymore! He crawls from our living room to our study in no time! He is also pulling up on everything he can get his hands on. He hasn't mastered getting up to his feet so he just goes to his knees.

His favorite thing to do is bounce, whether it is in his jumparoo or on someone's lap, all he wants to do is bounce. We did some rearranging of his room and now he has a shelf with some baskets so now he loves to sit and pull all the baskets out and dump out all the toys, too.

Micah has also gotten much more vocal this month. He isn't saying any words, yet, but he is getting pretty close. He makes so many sounds that are so close to words, I can't wait until he starts figuring out what things are and what he is saying.

Micah has also started eating more "big-boy" food. He eats Cheerios, puffs, and pretty much anything we put in front of him that is in small pieces. Everything I've tried, he eats (which isn't too surprising since this kid has always liked food). So far, he likes chicken, cheese, and strawberries. The bread sticks at Cafe Express were a big hit, too. Feeding him new foods has been so much fun, I can't wait until Thanksgiving next week!

Micah passed his 9 month check up with flying colors. Dr. S said he was doing great in every area! He only had to get 1 shot and he hardly even whimpered (such a tough boy!). We decided to skip out on the flu shot this year, maybe next year, we'll see. Here are his 9 month stats:

Weight: 24 lbs, 6 oz (93%)

Length: 30 inches (93%)

He grew so much since 6 months! Dr. S said that his length finally caught up with his weight. You can definitely tell by looking at him.

Another change since 8 months is that Micah has started throwing little temper tantrums. He is so much more aware of things and what he wants that if I walk out of the room or if I take something away from him (like the remote control or a cell phone) or if he gets frustrated with himself, he throws himself onto the floor into a fit. It is really kind of funny but we are learning how to deal with him. I never thought I'd be handling a 9 month old's temper tantrums but we are and it is quite simple. If I just walk out of the room, he stops crying. When I come back, he is fine. So, we'll go with that as long as it works! Other than that, he is still such a laid back, easy going baby and still such a good sleeper! We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment