with Photoshop. I know that this is a pretty common thing nowadays but I love it. It takes up way to much of my time and even though the program makes my computer run so slow that I want to throw it into the wall, it is worth the long pauses every few minutes. 2 reasons I love Photoshop:
1) Editing pictures... I have learned a lot of editing techniques from friends, online tutorials, and mainly the Pioneer Woman. Also note that David and I got a super fun and nice camera for Christmas and we are still learning how to use it, we are far from good photographers. That is why Photoshop is so fun for me, every picture I take could use a little adjusting. Just because I think it's fun, I will show you:
Here is the picture I started with (I had already adjusted the levels because it was a little dark but this is it):
I ran some actions (actions from the Pioneer Woman's website) on the 4 below just for fun to play around. If you can't tell, I like old timey looking photos.
colorize seventies
lovely and etheral (my favorite action) vintage
Then, I really worked on this one, it is by far my fave. I ran a boost action to make the color pop a little more, then added a quick edge burn (for the dark around the edges). I then added a blur filter for everything around my little pumpkin. Now this I might actually frame.
Now, for the comparison (I realize they aren't that different, the before and after is more drastic when the original photo really stinks):
Before: After:
OK, and now for #2:
2) I love making cards, announcements, invitations, labels, etc. I am even in the process of working on a little website to showcase what I've made and let people order if they're interested. I have an account with a professional printer and I am really excited. It is such a fun little hobby for me to have, why not make a little money on the side? Here are 2 of the Christmas cards I made this year (I only wanted the post the ones without last names because I'm too lazy to change them to fake ones) and you'll just have to wait and see the cutest birthday invite ever. I'll post it once they've been mailed and it is closer to Micah's party.
OH, and I made these super fun labels for Christmas goodies that David passed out at work:
So, be on the lookout... (but don't hold your breath, it will probably take me a while)

Good for you for finding yourself a hobby you really enjoy! I'm excited to see where your adventures in photoshop take you. Miss seeing you guys down here!
ReplyDelete-E
i like your logo
ReplyDeleteYay for photoshop!... and starting online businesses! Love your Christmas card designs...Wish you lived closer and we could share ideas!
ReplyDeleteso fun! thanks for sharing info for online tutorials. I'm always looking for them too! You would LOVE a mac as your next computer.. they are awesome! I'm able to so much more creative type apps on them than on a pc... I made Drew's mom's website and our summer camp promo movies on it. I only have photoshop on my work pc, but I think the mac version is really similar. anyways, so proud of all of your running / photoshopping / photographing / baking / swell mommy-ness you are up to these days! love, lauren (can't remember my log-on)
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I want photoshop and a new good camera so bad. I can tell a difference in your photos. They look great.
ReplyDeleteIve got a book brewing in my head. Its about meeting people who happen on to their passion and how it clear it is to everyone around them cause of the joy they exude in every aspect of their life. You may have an interview in your future if I can start putting words to paper.
ReplyDeleteOn a lighter note...so...Im a bachelor, so please provide grace...what is hanging from his neck? Baby tie? leash? suspender? Im clueless...