Here are the contenders so far:
Huggies
HEB brand
Luvs
Target Brand
The Run down:
Huggies:
By far my favorite of all diapers but ridiculously priced at around $.38 per diaper. I prefer Huggies over Pampers anyday but am tired of paying for them.
HEB Brand:
Here, everything is not better because their diapers are certainly not. I found that I had to change Micah much more frequently with them because they leaked. However, they are cheap cheap and with their in store coupons, you can usually get them for $.10 per diaper. Personally, the savings aren't worth it.
Luvs:
I know a lot of people swear by Luvs, but I found them very similar to HEB diapers. The overall design is very similar to Pampers so if you are a Pampers fan, you might have more luck than I did with Luvs. We had leakage issues so even though they are cheap (around $.26 per diaper), not worth the savings.
Target brand: the winner!! I have been so happy with Target diapers. They have the same design as Huggies and to me, they are no different. We haven't had any leaking problems and they are super cheap at around $.20 per diaper (without coupons). They are also super cute with polka dots on them.
I have also heard that Costco diapers are wonderful but we haven't used them so I don't know either way.
We are going to stick with Target diapers.
Have you looked into Amazon's Subscribe and Save? It's kind of like a wholesale membership (like costco) but more awesome since it's free, tax-free, online, and zero effort! They've got all kind of things you can order at whatever you frequency you want (and change it all the time), and even hard to find items that are more eco friendly and organic. The size 4 huggies are $.25 per diaper, and the friendly UPS guy drops it off at your front door!
ReplyDeleteI've heard Huggies are better for boys & Pampers are better for girls? We've only used Pampers all Rylie's life & had no problems but we started using Huggies pullups for some reason & have had no problems. I think I'll give Target brand a whirl tho! Glad to know someone else has already tried them & love them! =)
ReplyDeleteNote the diapers I sent in the birdcage dispenser are a new kind of natural huggies (super cottony feel), but they are expensive.
ReplyDeleteEverything under the Kirkland (costco) brand is above grade. I have found nothing less, and I shop there endlessly.