Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy Birthdday to us!

I know I say it every year, but, it is so fun to celebrate my and David's birthdays together. Mine is July 23rd and David's is August 2nd. My mom's birthday is also right around mine and Uncle Kev's birthday is right near David's so it is just birthday season in our families. This year I hit the big 2-6 or as my friend Sarah said "the other side of 25". I do feel closer to 30. Just kidding. David hit the big 28. I know, I know, we are young.

This year, we celebrated with both families the weekend after my birthday. We went to College Station on Friday to celebrate with my fam and as always had a super fun and relaxing time. My mom picked up Cafe Eccel (my fave) for dinner on my birthday which was delicious! The highlight was that she gave me and Laurel matching aprons from Anthro. The thought of Laurel wanting to cook with me when she is older made me cry which is just the response Natalie was going for, I'm sure.


What is it about dachsund owners that they love all things dachsund?

David got lots of wine

the aprons!

The girls (excluding Laurel) went to get pedicures on Saturday and stopped by Target where I got these sandals for the little lady for $5... I love Target


Dan loves his little niece and nephew


We came home Sunday and celebrated Sunday evening with David's fam. We opened presents at our house and then left the kids at home to have dinner at Eddie V's. Thanks to our friends Justin and Kelley for watching the kids! I'm pretty sure Micah is quite smitten with Kelley because a couple of nights ago when we were saying prayers at bedtime, I asked him who he wanted to pray for and he said "Kelley". Then again, last night he only wanted to pray for Miss Glendy and Riley so who knows. Just kidding, Kelley. :) Ok back to dinner... it was AMAZING!!! Super yummy and super fun. We had a blast!


Kev got some cuddles before dinner

Opening presents, I got a sewing machine! I am scared to death of it but super excited to learn! I am taking some sewing lessons this weekend and then I'll be a pro, I'm sure.

Happy Birthday to Ally...

... Kev...

... and David...

I think that last one is funny-- I have no idea what was going on. But I do know that the chocolate dessert in the picture didn't stay in front of David for long. :)

1 comment:

  1. ok...so you can take the whole "I'll post pics when my slacker of a sister emails them to me" down!

    ReplyDelete