Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Micah's Birthday Recap

The birthday boy had a fun filled week last week and he definitely had a fun filled birthday! On Wednesday, he got to go to the Aggie basketball game with his daddy. They drove up there together, went to Layne's for chicken fingers, and then went to the game. They had a blast and although I told David to take the camera, he didn't and all I got was this iphone picture:

Then, Thursday, he got to take cookies and celebrate with his birthday bud (one day apart) Archer at MDO (again, no pictures).

Then, on Friday- his birthday- David took the day off so we got to have a family day! We started off with his favorite breakfast, pancakes! Growing up, our birthday tradition was to have pancakes and my mom could color the batter our favorite color so Micah had green pancakes!

Then, Bubba and Connor came over to help David put together Micah & Laurel's joint birthday present from Mimi & Bubba and Mommy & Daddy. This was quite the undertaking... I don't know if they knew what they were getting into but they seemed to have fun doing it and Micah really had fun "helping".

Micah enjoyed a birthday lunch of his usual favorite (see interview post below) and then took a great afternoon nap! Mimi and Audrey came to play on Micah's birthday, too but unfortunately for them, I put them to work on party stuff. When he got up, we all went out for a birthday dinner at Chuy's! Just in case you didn't know, they have by far the BEST kid's chicken fingers. Micah loves them! AND their kid's meal comes with a sherbet push pop when you are finished. Micah thought this was the best thing ever!

I still can't believe that our little guy is 3... it really does seem like he grew up overnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment