One is silver and the other gold... anyone else know that song? No? Just me? Ok. Well, that is one of those Suzu songs that I always remember her singing and have no idea why. Anyway, I love old friends. Not like they are old but the old kind of friend that you have had for a really long time. Someone that you know no matter what, you can count on them. Someone that you know when you pick up the phone to call them or spend time with them, it will feel like no time has passed. You know that kind of friend? Well I got to spend time with 2 of my favorite old friends in the same week!
The first one is my friend Laura. I think I have known her since I was born. Her dad was the pastor of the church I grew up in. She is a bit older than me so she used to babysit me when I was little. Somewhere along the way she became like my older sister and one of my dearest friends. She lives in Dallas so we don't get to see her and her kiddos that often but they were visiting for Spring Break last week so they came over to visit! Micah was in heaven playing with her "big boys" Ethan and Graham. Here are the boys when it was time for them to leave and head back to Dallas:
I'm not sure when those boys (Micah included) grew up so much! I lived with Laura, Paul (her husband), and Ethan while I was doing my student teaching in Dallas back in '06. Ethan was 2 at the time and Laura was pregnant with Graham. That feels like it was yesterday but I guess it was 5 years ago. Time flies! It was so great to catch up with Laura and am already planning my next trip to Dallas to see them again!
My second old friend I got to see is Pickle. Ok her name is Lauren and Pickle is her maiden name so isn't even a part of her name anymore but I have been friends with her since I was a sophomore in high school and always called her Pickle so now she is deemed "Aunt Pickle" in our house! She and I were college roomies for 2 years so we have LOTS of fun memories together. We commonly baked random goodies and midnight and didn't go to sleep until we had consumed all of them. We still love to get together for bake date and try out new recipes. Anyways, Driving home from College Station with Laurel weekend before last, I stopped at her cabin in the woods (her husband is a camp director so they literally live in the woods) for lunch. THEN, I got to see her again last weekend at Laurel's birthday party! What fun! She is such a sweet friend and is so dear to me!
She has an awesome garden that I am so jealous of so she promised Laurel that she would help her plant an herb garden for her birthday. She even included little person sized pink gardening tools, how cute is that? We are going to hold her to it and are looking forward to our gardening date!
I love old (and new, of course) friends!
thanks for the shout out and sweet words Al pal... it just turned my day right around. I hope it is ok that I volunteered your yard for an herb garden! your little lady is cutest thing in a tutu I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!
ReplyDeletesuch sweet words. and even sweeter boys! love you girl!
ReplyDelete