When you have kids, people always tell you that time flies. Let me tell you, upon looking at these pictures, I cannot believe how fast it has flown by. I was able to pull myself together and stay strong until I pulled out of the parking lot after dropping Micah off so he never saw my real reaction to his first day of Pre-K. While I am so thrilled for him (the teacher in me talking) and SO proud of him (the mama in me talking), I also completely lost it. He now goes to Pre-K 5 mornings a week. I had my "he doesn't need me anymore" moment and then my "my time with him at home is gone- did I take advantage of it? Did I instill in him compassion, confidence, a love for learning and most importantly a love for Jesus?" moment and after a sweet pep talk from my husband, I pulled it together. I really am so very proud of him. I walked him in because he didn't know where his new classroom was and he walked right on in and gave his teachers their first day of school treat and then found his cubby and hung his backpack up like it was no big deal. He is such a big boy and I know he is going to have a great year!
Laurel did not understand why I wasn't taking pictures of her, she put on her new backpack and walked over to the tree ready with a smile!
She totally lost it when I dropped her off in her new MDO room, but she pretty much loses it every time I drop her off regardless of it being a new room or not. As soon as I am out of sight, she is always just fine!
I'm so proud of my littles-- they are growing up so fast!
Those pictures of Micah are too cute!! I love how excited he is about school. I hope Pearson loves school!!
ReplyDeleteHold on, weren't you JUST pregnant with Micah 5 seconds ago?!? Can't believe he's already starting Pre-K! He looks so grown up in your pics- maybe its the hair? Goodness!
ReplyDelete