Monday, October 01, 2012

Hi my name is Laurel...

... and I am 2 1/2! Can you believe it? I have changed quite a bit in the last 6 months. My mommy and daddy are super proud of me!



I love to read books and play with my babies and in my kitchen. I take really good care of my babies and love to rock them, sing to them and tuck them in. I am also a really good cook in my kitchen. My favorite things to make are pupcakes and cookies just like my mommy. I also love to draw pictures and hang them on the fridge.

I also love to talk. and sing. In fact, I don't really stop talking or singing all day long. It is even hard for mommy to get a picture of me where I am not talking because I really don't like to stop. If I am not getting the attention I feel that I deserve at any given moment, I like to break out into song, very loudly. My favorite songs right now are Twinkle Twinkle, ABC's, I love you Lord and Jesus loves the little children.

I love reading with mommy, daddy and Micah. Micah is working on sounding out words right now so I am learning my letter sounds! He loves to teach me all that he knows. I know all of my letters and can count to 20 (most days). I also know al of my colors and shapes!



When Micah started going to Pre-K every day, at first I was really sad and missed him a lot but now I love my time alone with mommy. She calls me her little buddy because I love to go everywhere with her. My favorite is when we get to go shopping. Just the other day, we went to Marshall's and mommy said we were looking for dresses for me but I was very clear with her that I was only interested in shoe shopping that day.

Mommy says I have lots of spunk and that sometimes I have an attitude problem. I don't know what she is talking about! I even heard her call me a brat the other day on the phone with Daddy, how rude is that?!? Even though I might be a stinker sometimes, I am also a very sweet girl. I love to give hugs and cuddles and kisses all day long and I tell mommy that I love her everyday. I just know what I want and I usually know what to do to get it. I have pretty strong opinions about what I wear each day and how my hair is done. I get very upset if mommy does my hair wrong.


I am not very daring and still get scared pretty easily. If I had it my way, I would just follow mommy around all day and have her hold me every chance I get. She thinks I am going to grow out of this someday but I am not so sure about that.

I am still a super great sleeper. Ever since moving to my big girl bed, I sleep even more than I did in my crib because it is so comfy and I am surrounded by pillows! Oh and because I still get to have my "Ba" in bed with me. Mommy keeps telling me that I am going to have to give it up soon but I am not quite ready yet. I have never gotten out of my bed. Not once. It just never occurred to me as an option. I would much rather lay in bed and look at books until mommy figures out I am awake.  Sometimes, if I need to go potty, I will yell for mommy from my bed but I do not like to get out on my own.

Last week at school, we had to bring a poster all about ourselves. My mommy did a great job with mine and included all of my favorite things! I couldn't wait to get to school to tell my friends and teachers all about it.




My favorite foods are pink frozen yogurt, chick fil a, macaroni and cheese, baby food pouches, pink jelly beans and animal crackers. I am a very healthy eater.

I have a really big family and I love that I get to see them lots because everyone lives close! I also love my sweet doggie Riley.

My favorite books to read are "Wacky Wednesday", "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom", and "I Love You Stinky Face".

Some of my other favorite things are princesses (and dressing up like them), going to the zoo, dance class, swimming, Hello Kitty, Veggie Tales, and bunnies. I love bunnies. Real ones and fake one. My lovey is a bunny that I call Little Bunny Foo Foo and I can't leave the house without it!



I also love being super silly with my brother. He is such a great big brother and loves to take care of me. He used to be more rough with me so I am one tough little girl but most of the time now he is very sweet.

Want to know what else I love? Cousins! I love my cousin Sadie and my new little cousin Wyatt! I love getting to hold and snuggle him. Everyone keeps reminding me that he is real and not pretend but I know that!



Mommy keeps saying she can't believe how fast I am growing up but that is silly, I am still 2!


Mommy: "who's the cutest little girl in the whole wide world?"
Laurel: "ME!"

"Wait mommy, I got a hair in my mouth" (this happens all the time with all that hair)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment