We officially survived another year of VBS! This is my 3rd year and every year when the week ends I swear I am never going to do it again. Not because it is a terrible experience it is just one exhausting week. This year, however, I had the greatest job ever so I did not end the week feeling that way. This was also the first year that both kids really got to participate in the curriculum and both of them were coming home singing new songs and talking about Jesus. The Missions rotation especially resonated with Micah and he came home everyday with new stories of missionaries and telling us people he wanted to be praying for. He is just a sweet and tender hearted kid. As our Preschool Director, Miss Melinda, says, VBS is all about planting seeds and I most definitely saw lots of seeds being planted with my own kids. This year, I was not in a classroom with the kids but instead was in charge of SNACKS for the kids! It was such a fun job! Annette and I got to share the job and we had a blast planning the snacks, shopping for them and then preparing and distributing them in our aprons every day. VBS makes for a long morning (9-12:30) and it also makes for some hungry kids. Our goal was to give them (somewhat) nutritious and filling snacks that didn't have a ton of sugar (for the sake of the teachers). Kids will be kids but overall we think most of them liked the snacks! I am already looking forward to next year and coming up with new ideas!




No comments:
Post a Comment