Last Sunday marked the end of the 2013 Swim Team season and we were so sad to see it end! Micah LOVED swim team and watching his growth over the course of the season was astounding. Day 1 of practice was May 1st and he didn't know a single stroke and now, just 2 months later, he is great at freestyle and backstroke! He consistently improved his time week after week. We are so proud of him and had such a great time watching him really enjoy himself and be proud of himself. It was also fun to meet new people in our neighborhood and make new friends!
I already posted about the first couple of meets so here are the last few. First up was his relay meet. This was a whole league meet that was just relays. He swam the 6 & Under free relay and then also a backstroke relay. This is the only meet that our swim team hosts at our neighborhood pool so he had lotes of cheerleaders at this one! Mimi & Bubba are swim team pros- it was so nice to have them at so many of Micah's meets because I had no clue what I was doing. I'm pretty sure that next year I am going to start volunteering Bubba because he knows what he is doing way more than I do! If it wasn't for him keeping an eye on the heat sheets, I would probably have missed half of Micah's races.


I didn't take any pictures at the next meet and then it was already the end of the season! Our team had a pep rally the night before prelims with a sign making contest and dinner provided by one of the neighborhood restaurants. Micah loves his team cheer so he had a blast with this!

The next day was Prelims! Micah Man swam GREAT! We were all so proud of him! He qualified for finals in his freestyle relay and backstroke. His prelim backstroke race was his best race of the season. He ended up 5th out of all 6 & under boys in the whole league! Needless to say, we were going nuts. That race is on the video at the bottom of this post. Don't worry, I muted our squeals.


The last meet was finals! Micah's relay team won first place! He did great again in backstroke and got medals for both!
On Sunday, we celebrated the end of the season with the team at a pool party. Micah's favorite part was of course getting his trophy. He has a thing for trophies and has his eyes set on the high point trophy for next year.

While we are sad to see the season end, I could not be prouder of my big boy! I already can't wait until next year-- according to Laurel she will be swimming on swim team next year. She has been such a trooper throughout this whole season and has gone to every practice and meet and endured the heat and cheered for her brother. Here is the video with a few clips from the season:




No comments:
Post a Comment