Friday, July 19, 2013

We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we...

I attended my first Texas A&M football game at Kyle Field when I was 6 months old. For my entire life, my parents have been season ticket holders and we made the short trek to College Station multiple times throughout the fall to go to each and every football game. It was just what we did, we were Aggies. My parents met at A&M and always spoke so fondly of their time there. When it came time to choose where I wanted to go to college, there was really no decision to be made. A&M was the only school I applied to and the only school I could picture myself going to. I loved my time as a student in Aggieland and happened to marry a guy who's family is just as (if not more) obsessed with being Aggies as my family. Our kids were doomed. When we had the opportunity to go on Kyle Field to take pictures with my sister, we of course took it and we had a blast. At one point I got a little frustrated with David because he was not focusing and was just running around throwing the football and I had to stop myself and realize that he has been going to games at Kyle Field since he was younger too and this was probably kind of a big deal to him. It was so cute to watch him and Micah and my dad running around playing football on the field. When I look at these pictures, they make me so happy and a little emotional. Aggieland in my mind is associated with such happy and positive memories and where I had some of the best times in my life. I love that our kids are being raised just like we were to be little Aggies... call us brainwashers, we don't mind. No, we won't disown them if they choose to go to college somewhere else. Construction on Kyle will start after this football season and while I know the changes will be great, it made me a little sad as we were walking out of the stadium that it won't look like this for much longer. I'm so glad we got these pictures before the renovations because this is how I always want to remember Kyle Field... 




{Photos courtesy of Natalie Blazei Photography}
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment