Last year, I did everything in my power to have Micah and Laurel coordinate costumes for Halloween. They absolutely wouldn't have it but then the week before Halloween suggested Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. The costumes had already been purchased but I put that idea in my back pocket until this year when I knew it would be a sure win. Well, of course, they weren't interested. So, I *might* have told them that if they were Peter Pan and Tinkerbell they *might* be able to get their hands on some fairy dust so they *might* be able to fly. I'm a horrible mother. BUT, I didn't make them any promises and they did end up loving the idea. David's only stipulation was that Micah was not allowed to wear tights. Done. They were the most adorable Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, if I do say so myself!
We started the fun-filled Halloween festivities with the parade at Laurel's school (which used to be Micah's school). My little fairy has a history of dislike for performances such as these so she walked out the door with a huge scowl on her face. Once she saw me and David, though, she perked up...
For Halloween this year, we decided to keep it a little more low key and not head up to our church's First Fest. Instead, our family went over to Kev and Audrey's and ate pizza and trick-or-treated with Kev, Audrey, Wyatt, Mimi and Bubba. I am so bummed I didn't get a picture of Wyatt with the kids. Wyatt was Tick-Tock the crocodile and was the cutest little crocodile! The kids had tons of fun trick-or-treating this year and ended up with a massive amount of candy.






No comments:
Post a Comment