Happy July 4th! We had such a fun July 4th weekend! We spent the whole weekend relaxing and spending time with family. Since David had the day off on Friday, we spent the day out at his parents house with his brothers and their girlfriends. It was a very fun day of eating yummy food, family time, and playing with the Micah Man. He was definitely the center of attention.We also enjoyed playing David's early birthday present, the Wii. I have never enjoyed video games and this one is actually fun. Who knew that a video game could be so active?
We stayed the night there and Micah did a great job sharing a room with his Uncle Kev (although I think Uncle Kev may have moved to the couch in the middle of the night due to Micah's noisy sleeping).
All the Saxe Boys
I am very in to sharing videos these days. As soon as Uncle Kev got on the floor with Micah, he went crazy talking to him. I just had to share. Please note there is some Wii playing going on in the background (that is the noise).
**For best video viewing, scroll all the way down and press "pause" on the music player**
On Saturday morning, I started my half marathon training! I joined a local running group and really ran for the first time ever in life. It was awful and I thought I was going to die. Really. I thought I was showing up to run a 1 mile time trial (which I knew I would end up in the slowest group), but it was a 3 mile time trial. I have never run 1 mile in my life, much less 3. Needless to say, it took me a while, I am definitely in the slowest pace group, and I was quite red and sweaty when it was all said and done. Good thing I had moral support! Malinn and Audrey joined me which was very nice! I am very excited, though, to have this goal. I don't know how I am going to do it but I am. Since my sister's wedding is the day of the Houston marathon/half I am running the Austin. This gives me a whole extra month to train, and to train hills since I hear that it is a very hilly course. If you have any running pointers, let me know!

love his outfit!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you for trainig for the half marathon. I just bought a treadmill and want to master that before I start thinking about running any serious distance. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete