Happy 10 Months Micah! 9 months absolutely flew by! I can't believe how big my guy is getting!
This month was pretty exciting with a trip to Steamboat and a trip to the ER (see post below). I think he enjoyed Steamboat a little better. He saw snow for the first time, and second time in Houston!
Micah is still a very happy and healthy boy! Everywhere we go, people always say "how old is he?" When I tell them, the response is usually something like "WOW, he's HUGE!" At first I was worried that I was feeding him too much but after much reassurance from his Dr., he is just a BIG boy! David and I were both huge babies, too. He has recently gotten more skeptical of new people, but once he warms up, he loves everyone. He is especially intrigued by people wearing glasses, I think that's why we couldn't get him to look away from Santa. He is really starting to develop a silly personality. It is so fun to see him make so many silly faces all day long.
Micah gets more and more mobile every day. He is crawling around the whole house, very fast and getting into everything he shouldn't. He is also pulling up and cruising around the furniture.
Micah is still eating mostly baby food for all of his meals. Anything I give him that is table food, he devours. I know our days of baby food are going to be ending soon. I just want to wait until he has a few more teeth (he still only has 2 and is about to get 2 more). His favorite foods are cheerios, animal crackers, yogurt, and most recently cheese. I can't get the yo baby yogurt into his mouth fast enough. He makes this face when he gets really excited about anything, mainly food:
![]()
He still takes 2 naps a day and sleeps about 12 hours at night... we are so blessed. Even when it seems like he will never go to sleep because he is so hyper, he falls asleep the instant he gets in his crib with his blankie. He has become quite attached to his blankie since it went with him to the ER. He wants to hold it ALL THE TIME. It is pretty cute.
Micah's favorite things to play with are his donut (a ring off of a stacking ring toy), his Postman Pat books (they are little so he crawls around with them in his hands), and anything that makes music. I recently got him some instruments from the Kindermusik warehouse sale and he LOVES them! I think he is going to be musical like his daddy. ![]()
![]()
Micah LOVES to bounce, I have never seen a kid bounce this much. I'm pretty sure he is over the weight limit for his jumparoo but I can't take it away, he loves it! He also wants to bounce when he is sitting on laps, which is a great workout for mommy's arms! ![]()
He loves to be read to, especially at the end of the day.
He also loves to get into anything and everything that is off limits. He is definitely learning the word "no" and hates it every time he hears it. He just stops and lowers his head and fusses. At least he knows what it means. He hears it especially when he goes for the remotes and the Christmas tree. He LOVES pulling the bows off of the wrapped gifts and pulling off ornaments. I'll just have to explain that to everyone when there is no bow and a torn spot instead.
He isn't exactly talking yet, but he is doing a lot of babbling. I love that he knows exactly what he is saying when we have no idea. He'll say dadada (we're not sure if he knows what it means yet), duh (duck, only every now and then), and I have even gotten mama a couple of times. He also reaches for everything he wants (especially people). We are working on the sign for "more" and "all done". He is starting to catch on.
I don't think I missed anything... overall Micah is such a happy and sweet baby. It is amazing to see how much he is learning and changing every day. We are so very blessed!
![]()
I want that first picture for my office
ReplyDeleteWhen are you guys going to Steamboat?? We leave tomorrow and will be there until the 26th.
ReplyDeletei spy with my little eye....the infamous blue chair!
ReplyDeletehe's just precious... and looks like he has such a personality. i wish he and lily could play!
ReplyDelete